So you have a three day weekend (woohoo!) and now need to decide what to do with it but you are completely stuck for ideas. Well allow me to help you particularly if you are in the London area as there is plenty to see and enjoy in one of the world’s best cities (in my mind anyway) so here are my top tips:
1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Gielgud Theatre: in the wake of its Tony nomination , I can guarantee that the show will grow even further in popularity in this country as well. The National Theatre production is also currently on tour so if you can’t make it down to London it might be an idea to check to see whether it is coming to a venue near you as it is well worth seeing.
2. Sonia Delaunay, Tate Modern: I will admit I had never really heard of her before but this Tate Modern exhibition really makes you understand the way she worked and her thought processes behind her work. It is a bright and bold exhibition that truly dazzles from beginning to end.
3. American Buffalo, Wyndham’s Theatre: Damian Lewis, John Goodman and Tom Sturridge all in one play? This production of David Mamet’s play has received mixed reviews but from all that I have read is worth going to see for the performances alone. It is only on until the 27th June so if you want to see it you had better hurry!
4. The Point of No Return, New Diorama Theatre: thrilling and gripping, this extraordinary production examines the Ukrainian conflict from all those involved from all sides. It is immensely difficult to watch at times but the fact that is based on real people’s experiences means you can’t help watching from beginning to end. On until 23rd May.
5. What is Luxury?, Victoria and Albert Museum: this latest exhibition at the V&A gets you thinking about what your idea of luxury is through a number of different objects. But it also shows you different ways to look at luxury through the process in which each object is made. Bewildering at times, it certainly gets you questioning what you think luxury should be.
So there you go a few ideas to keep you busy in the capital for the next few days. I’m going to try and make this a regular post so keep an eye out for some more tips in the coming weeks!