Another week is over and there are plenty of exciting shows and exhibitions that are happening now in London. Here is a guide to some of the best:
1. Aladdin, Prince Edward Theatre: the Broadway production officially opened in London this week. Featuring all of the classic songs from the original Disney film, this is an uplifting and great entertainment for all the family as Love London Love Culture found. (Booking until February 2017).
2. The Donkey Show: A Midsummer Night’s Disco, Proud Camden: this unique and entertaining show turns Shakespeare’s play upside down, by adding some disco tunes to the mix. Look out for Love London Love Culture’s review soon! (On until the 21st August).
3. Mary Heilmann: Looking at Pictures, Whitechapel Gallery: this retrospective of the American artist features a wide variety of work that is filled with colour and life as critics found. (On display until the 21st August 2016)
4. Curtain Up: Celebrating 40 Years of Theatre in London and New York, Victoria and Albert Museum: one for all the theatre fans, this display celebrates the best of the West End and Broadway productions. Filled with costumes and other theatre memorabilia, this is a great display to wonder through at your leisure and even better yet it ends up leading you through the museum’s theatre department. Definitely not one to miss as Love London Love Culture found. (On display until 31st August)
5. Richard III, Almeida Theatre: having officially opened last night, critics responded warmly to Rupert Goold’s production. The production stars Ralph Fiennes and Vanessa Redgrave in what is set to be one of the hottest tickets to book for this year. (On until the 6th August).