Following a wonderful afternoon with Alan Menken last week and ahead of the new live action version of the classic animated film. Here are five things Love London Love Culture is looking forward to about the new film:
1. Three new songs to be included: in a recent event in London celebrating the launch of the new film, Alan Menken confirmed that there are new songs to be included in this new version. Of course we don’t know at which point in the film they will feature but hopefully they will complement the original music.
2. Emma Watson as Belle: there has been a lot of talk from unsatisfied people that Emma Watson might not be right for the part on the basis that she ‘doesn’t look like’ Belle. But I disagree – she will bring a new perspective on the character, bringing Belle into the 21st century.
3. The Ballroom scene: one of the most memorable scenes from the original animated film, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the live action film and to see Emma Watson in one of the most iconic princess dresses of all time.
4. Luke Evans as Gaston and Josh Gad as LeFou: even in the animated film this is a friendship between two characters who are completely different. But hopefully Luke Evans and Josh Gad can provide as much comedy and laughter in this version as the characters deserve.
5. The costumes and overall look of the film: just from watching the trailers for the film, you get the feeling that no expense has been spared when it came to carefully creating this remake, paying particular attention to all of the details that made the original film so perfect. Hopefully the cast can pull the characters together to make it an exquisite film to delight fans old and new.