Here’s Love London Love Culture’s guide to the top 10 most popular shows to book for this week….
1. Only Fools and Horses the Musical: heading to the Theatre Royal Haymarket in 2019, this brand new British musical based on the hit BBC programme is set to see Paul Whitehouse appearing in the production as Grandad, Tom Bennett as Del Boy and Ryan Hutton as Rodney. Tickets are now available to buy from £26 here.
2. The Book of Mormon, Prince of Wales Theatre: still making audiences in the West End laugh, The Book of Mormon is still proving to be a popular ticket purchase in London at the moment. The cast currently includes Dom Simpson as Elder Price and J.Michael Finley as Elder Cunningham. Tickets are available to buy from £22.50 (with no booking fee!) here.
3. Kinky Boots, Adelphi Theatre: heading into its final months at the Adelphi Theatre, make the most of Kinky Boots while it is in London, by saving up to 45% on tickets, available from £17.50 here.
4. Mamma Mia!, Novello Theatre: if you are looking for a great girls night out at the theatre, then this Abba inspired musical is still the one to beat! Including all your favourite Abba songs such as ‘Dancing Queen’ and ‘Honey Honey’ it is always worth a trip to the Novello theatre to see this fun-filled musical. Tickets are available here.
5. The Lion King, the Lyceum Theatre: still the most popular and beloved of all the Disney stage adaptations, The Lion King, still thrills and mesmerises audiences at the Lyceum Theatre on a daily basis. Book your tickets here.
6. Bat Out of Hell, Dominion Theatre: having successfully gained a strong following since its arrival in London, Bat Out of Hell’s run at the Dominion Theatre is set to end at the beginning of January 2019. But fret not! There are still plenty of opportunities to catch Jim Steinman’s musical on the stage more than once, with tickets available from just £15 here.
7. All About Eve, Noel Coward Theatre: this hugely anticipated premiere directed and adapted for the stage by Ivo van Hove, is based on the original 1950 film starring Bette Davis. This new stage adaptation will see Lily James and Gillian Anderson starring in this strictly limited run – and with tickets available from £20 – why not book a ticket?
8. Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, Aldwych Theatre: bringing Tina Turner’s extraordinary life to the stage, the musical features many of her biggest hits to offer a gripping and gritty account of the highs and lows in her life and career. Tickets are available from £25 here.
9. Company, Gielgud Theatre: this revival of Stephen Sondheim and George Furth’s musical is what everybody is talking about at the moment. Directed by Marianne Elliott, the cast includes Rosalie Craig as Bobbi, Tony and Olivier award-winner Patti LuPone as Joanne, and Mel Giedroyc as Sarah. Tickets are available through Love London Love Culture here.
10. Motown the Musical, Shaftesbury Theatre: another show leaving the West End next year, Motown the Musical celebrates the history and songs of the Motown era – specifically the founder of Motown, Berry Gordy. Filled with classic songs such as “My Girl”, “Dancing In The Street”, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” and “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” – you don’t want to miss this party while it is still in town! Tickets are available here.