Opening at Hyde Park on the 22nd November, Love London Love Culture selects five special things to see and do at Winter Wonderland this year…
1. The Magical Ice Kingdom Presents The Secret Forest: visitors can explore a magical forest and encounter a wide variety of mythical creatures which have been created using over 500 tonnes of ice and snow. So prepare to meet fauns, animal and tree characters, wolves and life-sized unicorns as you wonder around this forest. Suitable for all ages it is recommended that you wrap up warm if coming along to experience it for yourself as temperatures are -10°C in the attraction – so make sure you bring your hats, scarves and warm winter coats!
2. The Snowman Experience: this new experience for 2018 celebrates the 40th anniversary since Raymond Briggs’ classic story was released. This non-traditional cinema experience will see visitors wondering through separate rooms in which the film will be split into sections. With the entire experience lasting up to 45 minutes, it is a unique opportunity to relive childhood memories of this classic story. The experience sees Winter Wonderland collaborating with Backyard Cinemas for the first time.
3. Peter Pan on Ice: Peter Pan on Ice is a unique retelling of J.M. Barrie’s beloved story of Peter Pan and the adventures he has with Wendy and her brothers, performed by the award winning Imperial Ice Stars. The cast is comprised of 24 World, European and National Championship-level skaters – including Olga Sharutenko from Dancing on Ice . A real treat for all of the family.
4. Cirque Berserk: for those who want to watch something even more thrilling, you will want to catch Cirque Berserk’s all new show that features numerous exciting stunts performed by an extremely talented cast. Performed in Winter Wonderland’s the MegaDome, it is a show that contains dazzling aerialists performing gravity-defying feats, while in the ring below the legendary Globe of Death will see multiple motorcyclists speeding at over 60mph inside a giant steel cage.
5. The Fire Pit: while Winter Wonderland has numerous places to eat and drink, Love London Love Culture loves the sound of The Fire Pit, the perfect place to toast marshmallows and cosy up with friends and family. Grown ups can sample with a special winter warmer cocktail, while if anyone is feeling peckish there is a wide range of food available including pies and gourmet burgers.
Winter Wonderland will take place in Hyde Park from the 22nd November until the 6th January 2019. For more information and to book your tickets visit: https://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/