Looking to do something festive in London this year? Well Love London Love Culture has picked some of the best things to visit to get you in the festive mood…
1. The Greatest Snowman, Pedley Street Station: jump onboard the luxurious Arctic Express for Funicular Productions Christmas treat, complete with a delicious four course menu created by MasterChef the Professionals Finalist 2017 Louisa Ellis. Throw in a Christmas story complete with elves and you are sure to leave the experience filled with Christmas spirit! Read LLLC’s review here.
2. Christmas Carnival, Alexandra Palace: taking place from the 1st-16th December and officially reopening Alexandra Palace after its £27 million restoration project, this Christmas Carnival will be packed with family friendly events. It will include a Christmas market (complete with Santa’s grotto) and the return of the Ally Pally ice rink.
3. Winterland, Fulham: inspired by the Alps, Winterland is a perfect place to chill out after work with friends. It includes Jimmy’s Lodge serving up fondues and schnitzels, which can be washed down with some mulled wine and winter warmer cocktails. Entry starts at £5 per person with private hire bookings available all day Monday and Tuesday and during the day Wednesday to Friday.
4. The Christmas Labyrinth, Backyard Cinema: taking place at the heart of the Winterville festival on Clapham Common (more on which later…), audiences will have to navigate their way through a festive maze to access the enchanted forest cinema with its wide range of film screenings. Those who come along will also be able to purchase festive snacks, mulled drinks and cocktails to enhance their experience.
5. Winter Warmers, Union Chapel: recently announced to take place at the venue from the 3rd to the 9th December, this week long series of events is set to raise money to repair the chapel’s School Sunday Hall. Events set to take place over the week include: baby cinema screenings, disco yoga and a Christmas market complete with santa’s grotto.
6. Christmas at Kew: who wouldn’t want to visit Kew Gardens at night and see them transformed by a festive trail of lights. It is always extremely popular – so if you are planning on going then recommend you book now!
7. Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park: this annual event is filled with numerous family friendly things to see and do. New additions to this year’s festival include Backyard Cinema’s The Snowman Experience and Peter Pan on Ice, as well as all the usual market stalls and fairground attractions to be enjoyed!
8. Winterville, Clapham Common: with plenty of live performances taking place from acts including Chivaree Circus, an adults only puppet show and plenty of kids activities there is much to be enjoyed in Winterville this year!