The online theatre discovery platform has announced details of eight events available to enjoy, including several artist talks with theatre professionals of varying disciplines.
Thespie has confirmed eight new online theatre and arts events during this month, headlined by an International Women’s Day streaming event.
Available from the 8th March, The Reunion X Girl Power is a double-feature of concerts that were recorded in October and December of 2020 and will include previously unreleased behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, along with an artist Q&A created specifically for International Women’s Day. This two hour event stars Aimie Atkinson, Alexia McIntosh, Grace Mouat, Millie O’Connell, Natalie Paris, Maiya Quansah-Breed, and Jarneia Richard-Noe. Tickets for each are £15/$20 per household.
Meanwhile, it was also announced that the free-to-view informal chat series Thespie Thursdays continues throughout March, this month featuring women theatre creatives whose experiences span a variety of disciplines. This is set to include chats with:
· Lucy Moss (4th March) – co-creator of the musical SIX, and director of Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical, developed collaboratively across the TikTok video platform.
·Danielle Tarento (11th March) – theatre producer and casting professional focusing mostly on musical theatre.
·Olissa Rogers (18th March) – casting director covering stage and screen.
·Hannah Hauer-King (25th March) – stage director of theatre, comedy, cabaret, and musicals, and head of the all women theatre company Damsel Productions.
Meanwhile, there will also be new instalments of the In the Room series of free artist talks, which comprise conversations with performers and creators and about writing, rehearsal, and collaboration. Guests coming up on the series include:
· Ore Oduba (3rd March) – TV & radio presenter, musical theatre artist and Strictly Come Dancing champion.
· Jamael Westman (10th March) – original West End Hamilton who performed the role in both London and Los Angeles.
· Sharon Rose (24th March) – musical theatre artist from the UK production of Hamilton, and 2020 Netflix Christmas film Jingle Jangle.
In addition to this, Thespie’s recent concerts for charity remain available to stream on-demand through the month of March as well:
· Break Free (premiered 19 Feb) is an empowering musical celebration with LGBT+ theatre artists, sharing their personal journeys and performances of musical theatre and pop songs that have inspired them. The cast includes Natasha Agnew, Paul Baker, Allie Daniel, Eloise Davis, Andrew Derbyshire, Nick Hayes, Mark Inscoe, Eleanor Kane, Millie O’Connell, Alex Thomas-Smith, Courtney Stapleton, La Voix, Andrew Patrick-Walker, Shona White, Layton Williams and Charlotte Yorke.
· The Road to Prominence (premiered 26 Feb) celebrates Black musical theatre writers and composers, from the early twentieth century to today, including performances and interviews with leading UK theatre performers. The filmed concert is directed by Dominic Powell whose musical Cases is featured in the concert, alongside works such as The Wiz, The Color Purple, and Ain’t Misbehavin’. The cast includes Zoe Birkett, Adrian Hansel, Waylon Jacobs, Aisha Jawando, Bobbie Little, Andrew Patrick-Walker, Maiya Quansah-Breed, and Alex Thomas-Smith.
Thespie is an online service, providing listings for theatre streaming, theatre music & audio, theatre eBooks, educational resources, live London theatre, theatre news, and more.
Artists, producers and arts organisations interested in adding their show listings and theatre streaming to Thespie can learn more at https://thespie.com/submissions.
To find out more about what Thespie has to offer visit: https://thespie.com/