As we head into December, there is still lots to see and do – and not all of it is Christmas related. Here is a some of the best things to see and enjoy in London at the moment:
1. Linda, Royal Court Theatre – directed by Michael Longhurst, Penelope Skinner’s play looks at one woman who seems to have it all but still isn’t satisfied, so she embarks on her most ambitious plan to date – but the cracks are beginning to show. Read what the critics made of it here . On until the 9th January 2016.
2.Funny Girl, Menier Chocolate Factory : Sheridan Smith is back on stage, this time as Fanny Brice – taking on the role that propelled Barbra Streisand to stardom. The show has sold out at the Menier Chocolate Factory but fret not it will be transferring to the Savoy Theatre for a limited run from April next year. Read what critics made of the show here . On until the 5th March 2016.
3. Through the Mill, London Theatre Workshop: a fascinating show that looks at the life of Judy Garland at three different stages of her life and career. Filled with fantastic performances and plenty of emotion – this show is a must see if you are a Judy Garland fan. Read what Love London Love Culture thought here. On until the 19th December.
4. Julia Margaret Cameron, Victoria and Albert Museum: celebrating the bicentenary of the photographer’s birth, this fascinating display shows how one person’s mistakes can in fact be another person’s technique and add something refreshing to the world of photography. Read Love London Love Culture’s thoughts here. On display until the 21st February 2016.
5. Howard Barker Double Bill, Arcola Theatre: featuring the London premiere of The Twelfth Battle of Isonzo and a revival of Judith: A Parting from the Body, this double bill offers a unique theatrical experience. Love London Love Culture’s review can be read here. On until the 19th December.
6. Piaf, Charing Cross Theatre: another fascinating show about a legendary performer – Edith Piaf. Filled with energy and emotion, it is a show that brings the singer back to life again with ease. Catch this while you can. Love London Love Culture’s review can be found here. On until 2nd January 2016.