It’s been another busy week for Love London Love Culture and here is a few tips for the best things that have just opened in London….
1. Doctor Faustus, Duke of York’s Theatre: having had its official opening on Monday, this dark but brilliant reimagining of Christopher Marlowe’s best known play – has some brilliant performances – not least from Jenna Russell! So while it might have not received great reviews from critics, but Love London Love Culture thoroughly enjoyed – so take a look if you can! Booking until the 25th June (ATG Tickets, Ticketmaster.co.uk, Discount Theatre.com, Last Minute.com, Theatre Tickets Direct.co.uk, Love Theatre.com, Theatre People.com and UK Tickets.co.uk)
2. Elegy, Donmar Warehouse: Nick Payne’s latest play has just opened at the theatre and examines what would happen if the brain wasn’t such a mystery and the consequences of understanding it. It has received mainly positive reviews from critics. Booking until the 18th June.
3. Show Boat, New London Theatre: for the first time in 20 years, this classic musical hits the London stage once more to five star reviews. A brilliantly talented cast and stunning production makes this a not to be missed production as Love London Love Culture found last night. Booking until the January 2017 (Ticketmaster.co.uk, Discount Theatre.com, Last Minute.com, Theatre Tickets Direct.co.uk, Love Theatre.com, Theatre People.com and UK Tickets.co.uk)
4. H.M.S. Pinafore, UK Tour: this all male production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic comic piece is one not to be missed – so make sure you check to see if it comes to a venue near you! Find out what Love London Love Culture thought here.
5. The Toxic Avenger, Southwark Playhouse: the social media buzz plus the critics reviews means that this is one of the hottest shows happening in London at the moment! It is the European premiere for this musical from the Tony-award winning team behind Memphis. Booking until 21st May.