Need some help getting in the festive mood? Then pay a visit to the Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival – here are five good reasons why you should.
1. Plenty of entertainment on offer: this includes the return of contemporary circus company NoFit State Circus to the capital with their show Bianco , the musical Million Dollar Quartet (17th December-2nd January), a screening of the animated film Stick Man based on the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler (22nd December) – showcasing a wide variety of events suitable for everyone.
2. Lots of food and drink to enjoy: feeling hungry and thirsty? Then pay a visit to the Rekordelig Cider Lodge, where you can sip on Winter drinks while munching on Scandinavian food. Or how about being social at The Hop Locker Bar, where visitors can enjoy a range of locally sourced craft beers and drinks.
3. A cosy atmosphere: whatever you are looking to do, the Southbank Centre Winter festival will provide a warm and friendly atmosphere. It is a very relaxed place to hang out, whether you are there for a few minutes or if you want to spend the afternoon/evening there.
4. Easy to get to and from: placed right in the centre of London, it means that you can get to it with ease, with Waterloo just up the road and Embankment station just across the bridge. By coming and going as you please, it means you can experience the festival at different times of the day.
5. A great place to socialise after a long day at work: its ideal location means that it makes a great meeting place if you just want to forget the stress of the day and gain some festive spirit.
The Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival will continue to run until the 25th January 2017. For more information on events taking place visit: https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/festivals-series/winter-festival