Plenty of exciting things are are available to see and do in London this week. Here’s Love London Love Culture’s picks of the week:
1. David Hockney, Tate Britain: the Tate’s latest exhibition is an extensive retrospective of the British artist’s career to date including his portraits, his iconic images of LA swimming pools and more recent works such as the Yorkshire landscapes created. Discover what critics have been saying about it here. On display until the 29th May 2017.
2. Fences: Denzel Washington directs and stars in this film adaptation of August Wilson’s play. The Oscar nominated film also stars Viola Davis, who already has received critical acclaim for her performance. Read Love London Love Culture’s review here.
3. Revolution: Russian Art, Royal Academy of Arts: marking the 100th anniversary since the Russian Revolution, this new exhibition reveals how artists captured the events during that turbulent period in Russian history. Discover what critics have been saying about the exhibition here. On display until the 17th April 2017.
4. Star Wars Identities Exhibition, The O2: featuring many of the design concepts, costumes and props from one of the biggest film series of all time, this is an exhibition that has plenty to offer those of all ages. But it isn’t just for wondering around in, but it also has many interactive elements that will delight as well. Read Love London Love Culture’s review here. On display until the 3rd September 2017.
5. Travesties, Apollo Theatre: following on from a successful run at the Menier Chocolate Factory, Tom Stoppard’s play officially opened at the Apollo Theatre this week. Discover what Love London Love Culture thought here. Booking until the 29th April 2017.