Hello Autumn and hello to some of the many things that are happening in London as a new season gets underway. Here is a guide of some of the best things to see and do!
1. Vanities the Musical, Trafalgar Studios : looking for the perfect girls night out? Then look no further than this wonderfully heartwarming musical about three friends growing up in Dallas. With brilliant songs and fantastic performances from Ashleigh Gray, Lauren Samuels and Lizzy Connolly this is one show not to be missed. Booking until the 1st October.
2. Unfaithful, Found111: Owen McCafferty’s darkly comic play looks at two very different relationships through the eyes of four characters. Intense, thought provoking and with a standout performance from Niamh Cusack it is a gripping production from beginning to end. Booking until the 8th October.
3. Kinky Boots, Adelphi Theatre: having just celebrated its first birthday in the West End, the fun filled musical is now booking into 2017 – so more opportunities for you to pop along and have your spirits lifted with this lovely musical. Booking until the 6th May 2017.
4. Much Ado About Nothing, ReFASHIONed Theatre at Selfridges: this unique setting for a production of Shakespeare’s comedy is perfect for drawing in audiences of all ages. By creating such a fashion orientated production means that it brings out the vanity of all of the characters out – increasing the humour. Booking until 24th September.
5. You Say You Want a Revolution? Records and Rebels 1966-1970, Victoria and Albert Museum: this exhibition focuses on a period of history in which change during 1966 and 1970 has influenced our lives today. From music to fashion, the exhibition is beautifully presented and sweeps visitors back in time effectively. On display until the 26th February 2017.
6. How the Other Half Loves, Duke of York’s Theatre: this smart comedy by Alan Ayckbourn is brilliantly presented in Alan Strachan’s production. It follows the lives and misunderstandings of three very different couples, caught up in each others problems. Hilarious entertainment. Booking until the 1st October.