It seems that a lot of classic Hollywood films are going to be getting a sequel or remade for a 2016 audience. Here is a guide to some of them…
1. Jumanji – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has recently taken to Instagram to confirm that this new film is NOT a remake of the original, but rather a continuation of the film, taking place 20 years later. The film is expected to be released next year.
2. Ocean’s 8 – in this reimagining of Ocean’s 11 (the trilogy directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring George Clooney and Brad Pitt) it is the women who will be attempting a heist. This new ‘reboot’ will be directed by Gary Ross and will star Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett. A possible late 2017 release perhaps?
3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair – a new cast and new lease of life for The Chronicles of Narnia series, based on the books of C.S.Lewis. The story is set decades after The Voyage of the Dawn Treader there but less than a year later in England.
4. Mary Poppins Returns – Emily Blunt will play Mary Poppins in this sequel to the original film. This new film will be set 20 years after the original story, with Jane and Michael now grown up. It will be directed by Rob Marshall and has a release date of December 2018.
5. Dumbo – Tim Burton is going to make a live-action version of the classic Disney animated film. Known for his unique style, it could be interesting to see how this one turns out…
6.Malificent – considering Malificent’s story finishes where Aurora’s does in the first film, it is difficult to see where the sequel will go….